Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Peter Tork: Late Night Love-In's, Drugs, Nudity; How Alien Abduction Saved His Life

Peter Tork, Prior to his 1994 Abduction.

When it comes to living the rock 'n' roll life, Peter Tork is no stranger. The former Monkee has traveled the long, dirty road of a rock star for the last few centuries.
"There were a lot of drugs, a lot of loving, a whole lot of nudity," he recently told CP. "But at the end of the  day, where did it get me? All I had was my guitar and my sniffer's thumb. I used to sob myself to sleep with my thumbnail crammed up my nose."
"Basically, I was a no-good, dirty, rotten dead beat of a human being," he said when he sat down with Chaperone Party  for an all-exclusive interview. "Oh, but I thought I was enlightened!"
His wake-up call finally came in the form of an alien abduction during the mid 1990s.
"It was like, the barbarians at the gates of the Holy Roman Empire," he says of the experience. "They invaded and conquered, not only my body and mind, but also my spirit. I have been a new man ever since."

Peter doesn't like to get too personal about the experience, simply stating that it was "enlightening" and set him on the "journey of his soul." 
"I tell you what- the stars are incredibly bright when you view them from your own rooftop- and that doesn't even begin to compare with the view from space."


A lot has changed since Tork's abduction days.
"I don't go to sleep with my thumb in my nose anymore. I am able to make it upstairs to my bed like a decent human being. I don't have to sleep out with the trash." His socks, however, remain mis-matched. 
"Each person is different," he explains. "I am different now than I was then."

Peter Tork After His Abduction.


No comments:

Post a Comment